08 Apr 2009
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Property Management (PM) Services for Department of Army Civilian Employees
Reference Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Volume 2, Department of Defense Civilian Personnel.
- This memorandum clarifies approval authority for Property Management services.
- Travel authorizing/orders-issuing officials (described in JTR, Appendix I, Part 1, par. A-2) may authorize PM services for employees transferred to a Continental United States (CONUS)/Non-Foreign Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) permanent duty station consistent with the provisions of the JTR.
- Pursuant to the JTR, par. C5820, PM services for employees transferred to a foreign duty station must be authorized through the Secretarial Process. As the Department of the Army Per Diem Committee Principal member, I designate the following officials as my representatives for purposes of authorizing PM services within their respective purviews for employees transferred to a foreign permanent duty station: the Commanders of the Army Commands, the Commanders of the Army Service Component Commands, the Commanders/Superintendent of the Direct Reporting Units and the Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army (AASA). This authority must be exercised consistent with the provisions of the JTR.
- To the extent that this memorandum impacts on bargaining unit members' conditions of employment, activities are reminded to meet their statutory labor relations obligations.
- Any questions regarding this memorandum should be addressed to your servicing Civilian Personnel Advisory Center.
- This memorandum was reviewed by the Per Diem, Travel and Transportation Allowance Committee (PDTATAC), Case RR090107, in accordance with DoD Directive 5154.29, DoD Pay and Allowances Policy and Procedures. This memorandum is effective immediately and expires three years from the date of issuance unless earlier revoked or superseded.
LYNN S. HEIRAKUJI
Deputy Assistant Secretary
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
U.S. ARMY FORCES COMMAND
U.S. ARMY TRAINING AND DOCTRINE COMMAND
U.S. ARMY MATERIEL COMMAND
U.S. ARMY EUROPE
U.S. ARMY CENTRAL
U.S. ARMY NORTH
U.S. ARMY SOUTH
U.S. ARMY PACIFIC
U.S. ARMY SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
MILITARY SURFACE DEPLOYMENT AND DISTRIBUTION COMMAND
U.S. ARMY SPACE AND MISSILE DEFENSE COMMAND/ARMY STRATEGIC
EIGHTH US ARMY
U.S. ARMY NETWORK ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY COMMAND/9TH SIGNAL
U.S. ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND
U.S. ARMY INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY COMMAND
U.S. ARMY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION COMMAND
U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
U.S. ARMY MILITARY DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON
U.S. ARMY TEST AND EVALUATION COMMAND
U.S. ARMY RESERVE COMMAND
U.S. ARMY INSTALLATION MANAGEMENT COMMAND
SUPERINTENDENT, U.S. MILITARY ACADEMY
DIRECTOR, U.S. ARMY ACQUISITION SUPPORT CENTER
U.S. ARMY ACCESSIONS COMMAND
DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF, G-1
ASSISTANT G-1 FOR CIVILIAN PERSONNEL
DIRECTOR, CIVILIAN HUMAN RESOURCES AGENCY
OFFICE, ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE ARMY (MANPOWER AND RESERVE
AFFAIRS), ATTN: SAMR-PO
DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF FOR INTELLIGENCE, ATTN: DAMI-CP
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL, ATTN: SAGC
OFFICE OF THE JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL, ATTN: DAJA-LE
OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT CHIEF OF STAFF FOR INSTALLATION
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE NATIONAL RELOCATION PROGRAM (DNRP)
(DAVID GAGE, CHIEF, RELOCATION BRANCH)