October 30, 2003
MEMORANDUM FOR SEE DISTRIBUTION
SUBJECT: Rescission of Delegation Authority for Civilian Personnel Policy/Management
- Memorandum, ASA(M&RA), dated October 6, 2003, subject: Delegation of Authority for Civilian Personnel Policy/Management (Enclosure 1)
- Memorandum, DASA (CPP), dated September 19, 2001, subject: Personnel Issues Related to Attacks on the World Trade Center and The Pentagon - Appointment Authority and Policy Waivers (Enclosure 2, without enclosure)
- Memorandum, DASA (CPP), dated September 14, 2000, subject: Delegation of Authority to Approve Appointments of Retired Members of the Armed Forces Within 180 Days After Retirement (Enclosure 3).
- Memorandum, DASA (CPP), dated October 26, 2001, subject: Civilian Academic Degree Training (Enclosure 4, without enclosures).
By direction of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) (ASA(M&RA)), as provided in reference a, the following delegated authorities are hereby rescinded:
- a. Waiver of dual compensation reductions for Federal retirees when needed to fill temporary positions established to respond to the attacks of September 11, 2001 (see reference b). If you further delegated this authority, you are directed to immediately withdraw this authority.
- b. Authority to approve appointments of retired members of the armed forces within 180-days after retirement as provided in reference c.
- c. Authority to approve Civilian Academic Degree Training as provided in reference d. If you further delegated this authority, you are directed to immediately withdraw this authority.
The ASA(M&RA) retains approval authority for the above three authorities. Effective immediately, requests for approval must be submitted to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Human Resources), Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Manpower and Reserve Affairs), 111 Army Pentagon, Room 2E469, Washington, DC 20310-0111.
JOHN M. LE MOYNE
Lieutenant General, GS
Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1
Enclosure (see References above)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SECRETARY OF THE ARMY
US ARMY EUROPE AND SEVENTH ARMY EIGHTH US ARMY
US ARMY FORCES COMMAND
US ARMY MATERIEL COMMAND
US ARMY TRAINING AND DOCTRINE COMMAND US ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS US ARMY PACIFIC
MILITARY TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT COMMAND
US ARMY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION COMMAND US ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND
US ARMY MILITARY DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON US ARMY SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
US ARMY INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY COMMAND US ARMY SPACE AND MISSILE DEFENSE COMMAND
DIRECTOR, CIVILIAN HUMAN RESOURCES AGENCY
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL COUNSEL, ATTN: MS. JOHNSON
OFFICE OF THE JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERAL, MS. NUGENT